Yesterday I did a quick introduction to the Lean Startup methodology at the Asheville Lean Startup Circle. I focused on three key concepts: validated learning, minimum viable products and the build-measure-learn cycle. You can view my slides here.
If you’ve read Why Economic Developers Need Lean Startups or Lean Startup Conference Notes, you already know some resources for learning about Lean Startup. Below I update this list to include resources I missed in those posts. Please add other resources I missed in the comments.
- An Entrepreneur’s Checklist by Steve Blank – Free
Learn how to be an entrepreneur from revered serial entrepreneur Steve Blank.
- Build. Measure. Learn. Lean Startup SXSW 2012. - Free
Become a Lean Startup Guru. Learn Lean Methodology from Lean experts like Eric Ries, Steve Blank, and more.
- The Lean Startup Talk at Stanford E-Corner by Eric Ries – Free
Debunking Myths of Entrepreneurship.
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries - $150
Learn how to apply the method that is transforming how new products are built and launched.
- Running Lean Workshop by Ash Maurya – $297
Learn how to apply Lean Startup techniques to your product and raise your odds of success.
- The Science of Lean Startups
Eric Ries giving an introduction to Lean Startup at Business of Software 2010.
- Lean Startup Conference 2012
Talks from the Lean Startup Conference 2012
- Lean Startup Ignite 2012
15 five minute Ignite talks from the Ignite portion of Lean Startup Conference 2012
- Startup Lessons Learned Conference 2011
Talks from the Startup Lessons Learned Conference, the old name of the Lean Startup Conference.
- Google Hosts Eric Ries
Eric Ries talking at Google about Lean Startup.
- Lean Startup 101 for Developers
Abby Fichtner giving an overview of Lean Startup from a developer’s perspective.
- The Lean Startup, Part I & Part II
Older interview of Eric Ries by Robert Scoble about Lean Startup
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- The Four Steps to the Epiphany: Successful Strategies for Products that Win by Steve Blank
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Customer Development by Brant Cooper and Patrick Vlaskovits
- Running Lean by Ash Maurya
- Lean Analytics by Alistair Croll, Benjamin Yoskovitz
- Lean UX by Jeff Gothelf
- Teaching a ‘Lean Startup’ Strategy
- Business Planning for the ‘Lean Startup’
- The Rise of the Fleet-Footed Start-Up
- Philosophy Helps Start-Ups Move Faster
- The Promise of the Lean Startup
- Startup Lessons Learned by Eric Ries
- Steve Blank
- Harvard Business Review: Articles by Eric Ries
- Dan Martell’s Customer Development articles
- How To Build a Startup: The Lean Launchpad
Step-by-step guide for applying the principles of Customer Development and Lean Startup
- KQED: Eric Ries on The Lean Startup
Interview with Eric Ries about the Lean Startup before the Lean Startup Conference 2012
- Re-Tooling Early Stage Development
Podcast of one of Steve Blank’s lectures at Stanford University
- The Lean Startup Wiki
Wiki with information about Lean Startup, links to tools and listings of Lean Startup Circles around the world.